Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


9.28.2008

Race Day Finally

Race day was finally here for the women on Saturday and then the men would run on Sunday....This is the starting line up for the women, we were there to watch all of our USA Team members and especially Barb Morgan....our friend from Pennslyvania.

On the way there, Chris and I were running to catch it and flip flops are not good to run on where there is nothing but cobblestone....I tripped and fell and busted my toe, peeling off some of the nail...I can tell you that it hurt really bad....just for documentation....it was right in front of the traffic and a car almost ran over me....so embarrasing....the crowd of people that witnessed me go down.
Barb coming past...we had a great view.
Next day, the men start off and it is raining so my pictures are not that clear when I didn't use the unmrella and I was freezing and shaking so hard.
This is Chris and the guy on the left is the Team USA coach Tim, encouraging to Chris to keep going and pick up speed, he was doing great on the run.
Chris got into a pack of men and was coming around the corner smiling and sticking out his tongue at me....I think if he can do that, he is not running hard enough.

Chris in transition getting onto his bike.
Getting ready to get on...unfortunately, he never finished, he flatted out around
miles out on his bike, later finding out he had ran over glass, flattening his tire. This is Kyle, the Morgan's grandson who is 19, his first World Championship and he is doing really well.


We are finally finished with all of the Team USA stuff and are now officially on vacation...early tomorrow morning, we are leaving to tour Venice, so I have to get in bed, it is past 9pm here and Chris is getting irritated at me...so arrivederci for now....I will really have some good pictures after today....love you all.

4 comments:

Nonnas News said...

Oh Tammy, sorry to hear about your fall!! I'm just glad you are ok. I bet you are sore.

Have fun on the vacation part! Willl be looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing all about it!

Kim said...

I hate that Chris got glass in his tire....but hey you are in Italy and now on vacation...Tammy, your life is so hard...I really feel for you :-P (that is me sticking out my tongue at you if you didn't know)....and your poor toe...ya BIG winer...BOO HOO...I hope it's not hurt so bad that you have to pass on Venice (another :-P). Have FUN, FUN and more FUN!!!!!! Take pictures and be sure to bring me something back Italian. One more :-P for the road!

Love YOU!!!!! and Miss YOU!!!
Kimi

PS. Ashley came to visit me today while Zach was at church...I really enjoyed her visit. When she called me to ask if she could come over, at first I thought it was you...I perked up in my chair and then said WHO IS THIS...she said Ashley I said oh I thought for a second it was your mom...I must have sounded a bit sad because she said, Oh I'm sorry!

MISS YOU! :-P

Sharon said...

Sorry about the toe. No flip flops are not for running in. I feel your pain as I have been there.
Thanks for taking me on your trip through your photos. Have a great time and a safe trip home.

Kim said...

WAITING......I am waiting for another post! And I still don't feel sorry about your toe :-).

Stop touring and having so much fun and get to posting!

Love YOU!
Kim