Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


9.30.2008

a day in venice!!!

Yesterday, we made it to Venice....it is indescribably gorgeous....how I wish that I could show you all 400 pictures that I took....it was so hard to choose just a few....we walked throughout the city, took a leisurely lunch and went on a Gondola ride where we got a lot of information from the gondaleer....for instance, 65,000 people live on the tiny island of Venice and the cost to live there is approximately $35,000 per square meter, so it is very expensive to live there....it is very old, and you can see in a couple of the pictures that I uploaded that they have had to reinforce some of the walls from tumbling down....the water rises during high tide and it looks as though some get water in their homes from the stains on the walls....the side streets are very tiny and some of them barely allow two people to go down it at once....I wish that you all could have been with us....I hope you enjoy just the very few pictures that I put up....we slept in all day today, Chris and I both have colds, probably from being in the wind and rain during his race.....it is now almost 8pm and we are getting ready to go eat dinner, and then we will go to Florence tomorrow....I will post the pictures of Florence when we get back....Love you all.

I thought that I would start with a picture that has all the colors of Fall







Pea, I know what you can do with all of your cats, send them to Venice.
Our little guy that took us on our Gondola ride...he said that he had been doing this his whole life....and he doesn't live on the island.
You can see that the water rises above the stairs.


Everywhere you looked, people had their laundry hanging out...this was probably one of my favorite things about Venice....life seems simple.






9 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

This was AWESOME! I love all the pictures! JUST FABULOUS! Thanks so much for keeping us posted!

Sharon said...

Your photos make it look so inviting.
Glad to hear that you are having a great time.How do you get around on the main streets?
God bless.

Nonnas News said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures!! I'm so glad you have this blog so we can see all these pictures before you get back!! Thanks for posting and sharing with us! I know your having a wonderful time.

Grannalisa said...

Wonderful pictures. I know you are having a great time and sorry that you are a bit under the weather.

Kim said...

Girlfriend, I am so glad you bought that camera before you left. Your pictures are FAB....I'm screaming FAB FAB FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

I miss YOU....yes I do....I miss you! (make up a little tune to that and sing it all day)

Lovie love love,
The Kimster!!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I would love to travel to another country.

I can't wait to see more pictures. Have a safe trip home.

AMY said...

Gorgeous!! Beautiful, simple, romantic. Do you ever want to come home? Enjoy your time with your sweet hubby!

Jill and Rick said...

Oh my, these pictures are just BEAUTIFUL!!! You are a blessed woman, Tammy.

Jill

Karen Roper said...

gorgeous pictures...wish I was there!