Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


12.15.2008

Color, Color, Color and more Color

Well, as you can tell, I have painted the bathroom, only this picture doesn't do it justice....it was way too dark, and wasn't the color that it was supposed to be....so I let it sit for a day and a half to let it dry to see if I could live with it....well I couldn't, so I painted it again.

If you can see the difference here....there is a little of the dark on top.....I mixed the white and the dark together and actually got the color that I was going for the first time....this picture still doesn't allow you to really see the true color due to the lighting in the bathroom....the window is closed and there is one small light.
Late at night and still painting....I am working on retouching the ceiling.
What is more fun than painting your ceiling pink? Nothing, except making your son think it is going to stay pink....it is the kind of paint that goes on pink so that you can tell where you have painted, but turns a bright white....it was so much fun making him think I was painting it pink though....I finally had to fess up and tell him the truth....because he was getting upset. Can you tell why my neck hurts so much lately. This is the third and fourth coat I have painted.
Trying to look happy while painting....but hurting like a dog (not sure how a dog hurts, but I bet it feels something like me right now)....I was also bending down painting the wall and all of a sudden, I don't know what happened, I just fell into it....and screamed....the texture scraped my forearm and my knuckles.....Chris and my mom were home and came running thinking that my grandbaby had gotten hurt or had gotten into the paint.....no, I just fell for no reason at all. Got paint all in my hair and arm, then had to repaint it all over again.
I forgot to mention what I had been doing all day today.....I went to go get the ceiling paint out of my car this morning and when I opened the door, the gallon fell out all over the black asphalt driveway.....I spent all day trying to get it up....I washed my dustpan and brush that went with it and scooped up all of the paint and put it back into the can....and I still used it.....I washed and scrubbed the asphalt in 30 degree weather....and freezing. I then had to get our water hose with a sprayer and wash all of the driveway....the water came out of the sprayer two ways, one way on me getting me soaked and the other onto the driveway.....it took me awhile to warm up after that. Glad to know there is no more paint on the driveway though....I had a mess to clean up inside and out....I had tracked paint all through the house from the bottom of my shoes. I had to rest after all of that hard work. So that is what I have been doing all day. I pray this is finished by Christmas.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Hey girl...it is going to look GREAT!! I am so excited for you!

By the way, I think I am going to give Melanie a call this week...I know she will try to get us to take a long weekend trip to New York to see her because the last time we talked she kept begging. Oh how I would love to go to NY and see her but with just getting back from China it will be so hard. If I can talk her into coming here, can she stay with you at your house....I already know the answer to that...I know you would be thrilled. I'll let you know what she says. I am commenting you about this on here because I am thinking about it right now and you know how I am, I might not think to tell ask you when I talk to you later. I better go. I love you....you need to slow down a bit so you can give me a little Tammy time :-). I love you and I'll let you now what Melanie says...ask me about it just in case it slips my mind....LOL

Lovie love love,
Kim

Nonnas News said...

You are gonna be so proud when its all finished! Hang in there girl!!

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom is looking good. I can't wait to see the finished product.

XOXO,
Jaci

Renie Burghardt said...

Well, you sure have been working hard to get your bathroom painted! And you've been pretty determined, despite the mishap of dropping the ceiling paint. But it's looking very nice in the pictures. Good luck with finishing it on time before Christmas.

Holiday hugs,

Renie

Jill and Rick said...

Oh Tammy, you've had a time of it with your project. But I can tell that you're going to LOVE it when it's done!

I shouldn't laugh about the paint on the driveway, . . . but, . . . it brought back memories of me taking a gallon of white paint back to the store because it just wasn't quite "white" enough. Took a corner a bit sharp and you guessed it ~ had white paint pouring across the floor of my maroon van, across my feet, and out through the driver's door. I feel your pain!!

Jill

AMY said...

I never knew paint could be so dramatic. I know I am going to be SUPER careful when I start painting. Spilling in the driveway, the van...YIKES.

I can't wait to see the finished product. It will look so great.

Unknown said...

LOL - great post. I haven't seen the paint that goes on pink and turns to white! The pics look great :)

Nonnas News said...

ok girl, where on earth have you been? I miss your posts!!