Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


10.18.2008

Pumpkin Carving Contest

Recently, well tonight which by the time you read this will probably be tomorrow which will be on Sunday.....we had a party with our Sunday School class; a Pumpkin Carving Contest....about 5 minutes before we left for the party, it dawned on me, I wanted to win this contest, because if you know me well, I am very competitive...and I didn't have a clue about what I wanted to carve....I have had 4 pumpkins in the back of my car trunk for over a week waiting for the time that I could make my masterpiece....I couldn't wait and was so excited, but forgot to even think about what I wanted to carve. So I, like half of America, googled pumpkin carvings via the Internet so that I could download a template. I wanted it to be the best carving ever....something that would really stand out and be very impressive to those that were there.....I wanted it to be secretive and so Chris and I slipped into a corner of the backyard where no one else was carving....it seemed that everyone tried to be just as secretive as we did, wanting their carvings to be a surprise too.
***
Chris and I got to work on our masterpieces and then something happened that I didn't expect, it got dark and we couldn't see our lines anymore....what was I going to do.....then after about 15 minutes, someone finally turned on a light so that we could barely see the lines, at least it was better than not seeing the lines at all....what did they think, that I was going to just draw and cut it free handed by Braille, I don't think so. I am way too competitive for that.
***
This was mine and Chris's masterpieces down below, we are the two faces, can you guess who they are? you probably would be able to guess, except for the fact that we did part of it in the dark and my little pumpkin saw got more of the nose than I wanted to get....I was bummed, I didn't want to start over.....well, if you guessed Sarah Palin and John McCain, you guessed right, I should give you a prize for even trying to guess, but unfortunately, I can't....Chris and I didn't win....what, I don't understand, clearly this is an election year and I thought it would be awesome and that we were destined to win...I don't know what happened until I investigated a little further. the judge was a Democrat, and can you believe it, they were in my Sunday School class.....oh well, you win some, you lose some. I will NOT hold any harsh feelings because I can work with others who aren't in my party.
***
Some of the pictures of these pumpkins were taken with a flash on my camera and some were not, some you can see better with the glow and some you can see better with the flash....they separated the adult pumpkins from the kids pumpkins....there were some awesome pumpkin carvings and there were people there that had obviously thought about their carvings since last year....the good thing is that I have a whole year now to think about what I want to do for the next carving contest...and I will carve mine before I get there in the light and with good pumpkin saws. I had so much fun, that I may buy more pumpkins just to carve for FUN and then give them away for Thanksgiving to all my friends and may try and sell them on ebay or something. Who knows, at least right now, I can do that in America, achieve my dreams of being a professional pumpkin carver. If anyone wants me to carve a pumpkin or two for you, I am available to start practicing.
***
Sarah is on the left and John is on the right....Chris did Sarah's carving and I did John's carving with the huge nose.
This was a neat one, skull with crossbones done by an adult of course.
These were the kids carvings, they were cute.

Adults, and mine and Chris' pumpkins with the flash.
A side view in the dark of Sarah and John.
You can't see this as well in the light, but the back one is of three wolve growling at the moon....it was awesome and the winner.
I liked the polka dotted pumpkin too.Loved the polka dots without the flash....isn't it neat.
The winner of the night....isn't it pretty awesome....our friend that we call Mater did it. Three wolves howling at the moon, lots of detail and really meticulous.
Had to throw in another picure of Sarah and John, I thought they were awesome except for the nose on John.....that may have been the reason we lost.

6 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

these are so wonderful! Mine would not look that good!

Nonnas News said...

good job!!Sorry you didnt win!!! You should have gotten a ribbon or something though!! How fun!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Tammy,

Your Palin and McCain pumpkins are great! Even if you didn't win, they must have come pretty close. I could never do one that good. But what a fun contest, and the three wolves howling at the moon is pretty cool! But I liked yours better! ;-)

Happy Sunday evening!

Renie

Grannalisa said...

How fun!! They are all really good!!

Jill and Rick said...

What a fun idea! & your pics (AND YOUR PUMPKINS!) turned out great! Hmmmm, I need to figure out when we're going to get ours carved.

Jill

Karen Roper said...

wow these are great pumpkins, much more interesting than the snaggle-tooth regular jack-o-lanterns I used to carve!

Please send me your e-mail because I have locked my blog. It's explained there. I'll need to add your e-mail so that you can view my blog.

my e-mail is gowestinamini@gmail.com