Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


9.27.2008

Italy Day Two

Okay, I have to admit....it is getting better....after a harsh first day here, we had a good nights rest and woke up refreshed. Since my body alarm is out of whack, I woke up at 5:00 wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and got ready and leaving Chris still asleep, went downstairs with my coffee creamer and it is a good thing I brought it and had my first Italian breakfast...I had to add 5 pounds of coffee creamer to their version of "american coffee", it was like dark strong espresso...I took with me the camera instructions so that I could learn how to take really good pictures while I am here because this is the place that you want to take excellant pictures, so this was a practice shot.
I was the first person down while reading my instructions, more Team USA members trailed in one by one....I couldn't read instructions anymore....so I sit and chatted. Soon, Chris, Dick and Barb Morgan came down with their grandson from Pennsylvania, the couple that we like to travel with....today was registration and packet pick up for Team USA, then all their team meetings (I skipped out on those), the Parade of Nations and then the Team USA dinner at a local resturant....I took lots of pictures, but I should have finished reading the instructions because not all of them were good enough to post and even some of these weren't that great and clear.

Registration and packet pick-ups, they each got a brand new black bag with rollers, which you cannot see in this photo along with a whole bag of nice things.
While they were shopping, I stepped on over and got Team Canada's picture as well while they were posing....I thought they looked good.
There were tons of booths set up for all those that wanted to shop and get some last minute things, well not last minute, they are here all week.
Chris is trying to coach Kyle on what type of shoes to buy.
After registering for the race, we went to a little resturant and ate our first Italian meal with Dick and Barb and their grandson Kyle who is racing as well....he one of the top 12 in the nation at his age racing....I think he will do pretty well.
This was my first Italian meal, it doesn't quite look like the picture but was okay.....I won't try it again, I will just say that, but I was starving so I ate it all.
Team USA decided to have their Team pictures at the beach on the windiest day, I couldn't believe it.....I thought we were going to have it where Team Canada had theirs....we were eating sand....it was in our hair, our mouths, our socks even....I was glad to get this part over, but took a few pictures of the beach while I was there.
This is Team USA, I couldn't find Chris in this anywhere....I thought I had found him in a white cap and focused in on that person and then afterwards, realized he was wearing a red cap.....I do have one of him somewhere but when I was posting, the picture was so tiny, I couldn't tell which picture it was.
This is the parade of Nations and I am only posting a few....as you can tell, they are not that clear, so I am posting the best ones....I can't even tell what country this is.....I think it is Brazil, not sure...in all there were probably 30 + countries there represented....it was awesome, just not my pictures.
This is Team Canada, I can tell for sure.
Great Britian
Hungary, where we raced last year.
Ireland, you couldn't see, but they had some girls that were dancing....as each country passed, they played a song from that country.
Japan, they were a proud and happy bunch. Morocco
The Netherlands
You can barely read this one, but it New Zealand.
Slovakia, just say it with me, don't you love to say it, the way it just rolls off your tongue....I yelled it over and over when they were marching by and clapping for them just so I could say it...I also love saying Croatia, but their picture was real blurry.
At first, I thought this was the red cross, then I was asking myself, why is it a white cross though, then I realized it was Switzerland....what a strange flag.....it looks like they want to help someone.

Then the good ole USA....I was wondering what song they would play for USA and I was shocked to find out it was "Surfing USA"....out of all the songs they played for us, they chose that one....SHOCKER!!!! I was thinking maybe "God Bless the USA" or at least "Born in the USA", but not "Surfing USA", that was crazy to me....I think our great Team USA leader picked it out....Oh well!!!! it was still fun.
At the end of the parade, they got to shake military leaders hands and officials from Italy, a nice way to welcome each country there I thought....or maybe they were sizing everyone up. A mixer after the parade with all the countries....this is Kyle and the little boy who carried the USA sign....he lives in Italy, but his parents are from the USA....his grandfather had a book that he was getting all the team members to sign as a souvineir for his grandson.
We met up with Rad again (in the yellow shirt) from Australia....we made friends with him last year in Hungary....he was born and raised in Germany and defected to Australia, but was in a prison camp and he told stories after stories on our way to Vienna Austria last year....the best part of our trip....we were hoping that we would get to see him again....he is 81 and still in great shape....he is a blessing to everyone that knows him....we just love him.
Dick, Rad and Chris
I asked her if I could take her picture, she was on the Japan team and we were telling her that she was so beautiful and she was blushing so bad....she could hardly speak...trying not to cry....she was very sweet.
We had to wait turns to get pictures in front of this huge sign, and people kept running up there, one little Japanese man was getting ready when an Italian ran up there and the Italian said come on, then a USA member ran up there, then.....
Kyle ran up there from the USA, then....
Great Britian and another country ran up there, then......
Hungary and Ireland got in there and the group just kep growing with different countries getting into the picture....one of my favorite moments of the event.....how great if we could all get along like that with no government involved, I think we would all do great because we all bonded....there was no hate....except on race day when you hope someone will fall down so that you can beat them, but other than that....it is all great.

This girl on the right is Shelia, she lives in the USA, but she is Irish....we love her....but she is racing with Team Ireland....somehow she qualified and we are all just standing around chatting and I had to take a picture of her....sweetest lady and I love listening to her talk....I wish that her accent would rub off on me.....I am sure that it won't.
After all the parade, we went back to the host Hotel and they had a Who's Who Wall and Chris is on it, but everytime I zoomed in on him, it was blurry....still need to read that handbook instructions for my camera.
This is areas of the host hotel, very beautiful.

After going back.....we finally went with Team USA to eat at La Logge and had Italian food of course....it was a beautiful resturant....the head at the bottom is a guy that we were sitting with who was hit by a truck just two weeks ago while racing....a car ran into the racing area and hit him....he broke his arm....but still came to cheer on his fellow teammates, but his father is full blood Italian.



Even their toilet seat was neat....I had to take a picture of it....I carry my camera everywhere I go, you never know when you find something worth taking a picture of and I thought this was worth it.

3 comments:

Kim said...

It looks like you are busy and having a great time. Your camera is taking FAB pictures!!!!

I called Zach and checked on him and he said all is good! I called Ashley to check on your packages and she said that your JC Penney's order came but not your boots, she will keep a look out for them.

Love you and miss you bunches!
Kim

Nonnas News said...

Great pictures!! Glad you are able to get them posted for us! Keep having lots of fun!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

WOW! What an amazing trip. So cool!