Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


9.09.2008

"The Birthday"

It seems as though I haven't been able to post or read any blogs for months, but it has only been a few days....I have been so busy with trying to get things done before we leave in two weeks to Rimini, Italy....having my husband, Chris' birthday party, preparing and finishing all the work that I have to finish before we leave....it has been crazy...I'll tell ya.
Chris's birthday was on Sunday and I just couldn't wait until I could finally give him his presents so that I could use them....the first present being Rosetta Stone....it doesn't have the language on it, but I thought that it would be appropriate to learn Italian before we leave for Italy....we will be traveling to Italy for his World Championship race, we will also travel to Bologna (I think that is where Bologna was invented off the floors of the meat markets :) just teasing...Venice, Florence and Rome....I am so excited and I have been learning Italian today and in about an hour, I learned sentences and lots of words as well as the spelling, Rosetta Stone makes it really easy to learn...my next purchase will be Spanish since we need it so badly here in Texas....one of my favorite gifts that I have given him for myself....what wife doesn't get their husband something they can use as well....my husband got me a Wii gaming system for Christmas....and who uses it? ...I bet you can guess, the boys....well turn about is fair play....we can both enjoy his gifts....that is just being SMART in my opinion.

The second gift that I was hinting at in one of my last blogs is from EZ Hang Chairs , and it is easy to assemble if you read the directions which my husband did not do....he didn't even look at the picture....I don't like to read directions, but I do look at the pictures and I kept telling him he was doing it wrong, but I finally shut up because what husband likes to listen to his wife know how to assemble the correct way....so I just let him have it his way, kind of like Burger King, he had it his way and it messed up....I have left out so many pictures of how many times he had to redo it, until he finally gave up and listened to me and did it My Way (I am more like Frank Sinatra) and he like Burger King....anyway, this is the beginning of the journey of him hanging it up...but once you see what it looks like, you may want to check it out....Mr. Wright, the man who sold it to me, said that you could say that you are a friend of mine and they will let you have it at the price that I got it at Canton....I am not sure how much that will save you since I haven't been to the site yet, but he threw in the chains to hang it with, the spring and the swivel....I could have been suckered, I don't know, but I DO LOVE the chair and it is so comfortable and you can sleep so easily in it....I hope that you enjoy the pictures.

The Beginning...

Testing it with Zachary....

One of the 20 times redoing it.... :) I told him...

Finally getting it right and taking it for a test ride....Zachary first though.

Leslie testing it out again before Chris sets in it...

Finally, Chris is LOVING it and gets a little snooze....

Just a Swanging....how we say it in Texas....

Tanner, Ashley and little Alli came to say Happy Birthday to Pop....

Leslie and Lucy Grace (her dog) came down from Dallas for her dad's birthday...the others were in school or in Iraq and couldn't make it....we really missed you all....it was good to have Leslie to come and stay and get up and go to church with us that morning.

Pop and Alli having some fun, laughing and playing with each other....and giving some really good smiles for the camera.

This was my favorite picture of both Pop and Alli....you can tell that they are crazy about one another....when he is around, I can forget about her coming to me....she loves her Pop.

We had a great day and now we are back to work again....and hopefully getting back into the swing of things....I still have so much work to get done before we leave....My new page is getting worked on and you will all be surprised by the new look....and I cannot wait to post what I am giving away....so start getting your friends to start posting and visiting so that they can come back and have a chance to sign up for the give away valued at $50 and will be shipped to you quickly, you will be able to pick from a number of things from this site....it is one of the things I went to Canton for....you will love it when it is posted, but I am waiting for the blog page change first.....so please start getting your friends to stop in and comment....CANNOT wait to give it away.

6 comments:

Nonnas News said...

Looks like Chris had a great birthday! We share the same birthday? Mine was Sunday too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I want one! I love going to Canton and sitting in those swings. I'm sure I will get one someday but first I have to get a porch.

You are a wonderful wife. I'm sure your hubby appreciated your thoughtfulness.

Jill and Rick said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I know another wonderful husband/father that shares your special day. :-)

Tammy, the chair looks awesome. Wish we had a place for one (two?) here!

Jill

Linda said...

What a great birthday gift...I bet your hubby loved it!

I wish I had thought about the Rosetta Stone a few years back when we visited Italy. It would have really helped I'm sure.

Italy was incredible...but hot. You're going at a good time of year. It was miserable in June. I liked Venice and Rome but LOVED Florence! You'll have a wonderful, wonderful time for sure!

Carole Burant said...

I'm so behind with visiting...sheesh! Sounds like your hubby had a wonderful birthday and I'm so loving that hanging chair you got him! I've never seen anything like it, how awesome it looks, and so comfortable looking too. xoxo

Karen Roper said...

Great new look on your blog...I'm luvin the pink! Was one of my favorite colors in the box too! :)

I'm loving this chair though! You said you got it at Canton...I'm going there next month. What is the name of the booth?