Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


8.01.2009

Mission Project Sulphur Springs

This summer our church took on a local mission project. A man, Finis Attlesey passed away and donated this house to our church....we decided to update it and use it as a house for missionaries that are on furlough. There were several different groups that took on different projects....this was part of the new landscaping.

Starting the kitchen.
The painting of all the rooms
This was my project, the tile work, two bathrooms, a shower and a hallway.
One hard worker painting....we worked with some very precious people.
Other than my husband, this man may be my next favorite guy....Don Brown...he and his wife, Nora have been such precious people to me and have supported me in what I do. I love them both so very much.
Bathroom tiled
New ceiling fan put up, looks so gorgeous.

Fireplace painted, looks fabulous.

We had tools everywhere.....definately a work in progress.





Two very hard workers, Ashley and Jeananne who helped me with the bathrooms....they were such a joy to work with and get to know.



Two very hard little workers taking a rest....they did a lot for all of us and were so ready to learn how to do everything....they were such blessings.
We had to tear out marble tile that was so thick, and really was hard on our backs.
The bathroom tear out.
After tearing out the marble tile, this is what we felt like....it even broke our ax....I made Chris lay down on the floor while I outlined him for the next group that came in....I told them that we tore out the marble tile, but it was a killer....everyone got a kick out of it....I think I got more of one than anyone else....I have a sick sense of humor probably.
















2 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, you do have a sick sense of humor but that is one of the MANY things I LOVE about YOU. That is so funny....i love the special touch with the ax in the hand....lol. Girl, you worked hard and it looks GREAT....you are a tile godness :-).

I love and miss you BAD!
Kim

Kim said...

PS.....

Blog more often will ya!?!

I got so excited when I saw you posted something.

Kimmi K.