Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


10.06.2008

Rome and Vatican Tour

Okay, I love Tiramusu and everywhere I go, I have to try their version, and believe me, everyone has a different version....I had it all over Italy and it was all different....I have to say, this one looked the best out of all that I have eaten, but it was not that great....in fact, the BEST Tiramusu that I have ever eaten has been at the Olive Garden, no lie!!! That is the first picture I had to start out with.
Our last trip in Italy was to Rome and we had tickets for a tour of Rome....I had very mixed emotions and I can't tell you why, except that it was spiritually dead....full of gangs, graffiti, con-artists, pick pocketers and people would freely come and ask for money, it was so scary and way too busy for me....in fact, the day after we left, there was a marching protest due to racism, with 6 South Africans killed....it was so crazy busy and I was ready to leave at the end of the day....one day is not enough time to visit everything, but it was enough for me and Chris. Rome was an interesting place full of History....I added a link just so if you were interested, you could read about it rather than me telling you about it or just google it and there are a couple of sites where you can go on virtual tours. We toured the Vatican while we were there and I was amazed and a little mixed up about it....they said that there was so much to see inside that if you looked at everything for 60 seconds, it would take you 12 years of your life to see it all.....we were just on a three hour tour. They had so many things, things stolen from Egypt and so much more....I couldn't understand why.
They have an average of 33,000 people coming through the Vatican everyday to visit except on Holidays and special occasions and at $75 a person, that is a lot of money, they can afford to buy all of the things that were inside.


This is a bath that many women at once would use to take a bath in donkey's milk....I bet they had to milk a lot of donkey's....but I was wondering why it was in the Vatican, I thought it was all monks and men, no women....confusing to me.
St. Peter, the sculpture hat was created by Michelangelo...he was a genuis....we also toured the Sistine Chapel that he painted but weren't allowed to take photos....it is very small compared to what I was thinking in my head and is not where they worshiped at all....don't know what I was thinking.


Can't remember what this was in the Vatican courtyard....and my camera went to shooting everything, no matter what I thought it was....it could have some dead Pope in it or something, in fact, they had 3 Pope's inside the Vatican in glass caskets, weird.
The Pope's courtyard, but he has a more private one....there are 900 people that live there and I am sure they are the ones to use this instead of him.....he has his own.


Part of the Basillica, can't remember what side.







Part of the Coliseum















No comments: