Okay...let me explain about my new blog...."the Crayon Profiler"....I was talking with a friend, discussing a new look for my blog and this is what I came up with....I was telling her a story of when I was a little girl and my favorite thing on earth was crayons....I loved every color, and being a lover of crayons, I loved the color RED....but it was such a dominate color and all the kids wanted to use it because they wanted to stand out....and so I felt sorry for the color PINK....it wasn't used as much ....so I chose to use the color PINK (the underdog color of crayons)....and what do I do today, I try to help the underdog's (those less fortunate than I am....I am not calling them dogs)....so I was telling my friend KIM, I bet I can tell a lot about a person by the color of crayons they used as a kid...thus "The Crayon Profiler"....the only thing I can't figure out yet is why I like black....I think it represents my strange sense of humor that is a little weird, according to some people

Please visit my ministry blog Click Here and my ministry web-site Click Here.


8.30.2008

Canton Trade Days

We started out the day in the first pavilion that we walked through finding all kinds of jewels...one of the first booths that we walked into was called "Tattle Tales" and they had just placed this blanket out for advertising...it just so happened to have Vivi's name on it...there are not too many names like Vivi monogrammed on anything...but if there is going to be one....Kim will find it.

As you can see...Kim was overwhelmed with emotion and so excited that she had found something with Vivi's name on it...Kim shared the story of their adoption of Vivi and the lady that owned the booth said it was meant to be and gave it to her at a much lower price....I learned a lot that day....give those that own these booths some good stories and they will really work with you on the prices and you don't have to jew them down, they will just offer....Kim had a special gift of doing that all day....I need to stick around her a little longer so that I can learn how to do it from her...she never meets a stranger and can talk to them as if she has known them for years.
After shopping all day...it was time to eat and eat Kim did, not one but two ears of corn....she loved the corn on the cob and ate two of them before you could say corn on the cob....before she had gotten back with her corn though...I had already scarfed down my corny dog so there is no picture of me eating.
To prepare for our day....I brought a Tide to Go pen...I finally got to use it on Kim's shirt as she dropped a little corn juice on her white shirt, no telling how yellow it would have been had I not had the Tide to Go pen...I was kind of hoping I would accidentally drop some mustard on my pants while I was eating my corny dog so that I could use it for the first time...no luck, I am just not a messy eater.
Having some fun with Max...while we are waiting to get my sign made....there was a huge fan and Max loved hearing himself talking in the fan...it made a great sound to him....so of course, Kim had to join in the singing...it was a priceless moment.
Max is on his dad's side and wanting something really bad here and I can't remember what it was...but he was so cute...I had to take a picture.
My future's so bright...I gotta wear shades.
While Kim was in the background buying a ton of bows for Vivi...Paul, Max and I sat down at a table next to her booth while she shopped and Max was getting ready to throw something in the trash can...this should have been a sign of what the day would be like after having so much fun and lots of shopping.
Having a little FUN!!!
Max and I having a little fun while mom and dad were shopping.
This was the sign I mentioned earlier...waiting on Kim as she shops...Kim is in the background shopping again...while we wait...my feet were killing me at this point...I sat in the child chairs that Paul and Kim bought and just set down, waiting on Kim.
Had to get this picture of Kim shopping in the toy booth that day on our way out....we saw them when we first came in and wanted to get the toys on the way out.
While Kim is shopping...I thought I would take a load off and prop my feet up.
Me waiting on Kim again.
Like I said earlier...Kim never meets a stranger and this is her just talking to her...I am sure she will know all about this lady and her family by the time she gets back to us.
Just waiting on Kim again while she gets the life history of the lady in the booth behind me.
Another trip to the toy booth.
Yes, you guessed it....waiting on Kim again.
while she shops for a King size mattress and they end up buying them....yeah...they got a great bargain on a Beauty rest pillow top mattress....they will love it.
I am tired and sweating at this point waiting on Kim again....still smiling though....I was going to name this blog waiting on Kim again....to play a joke on her....I looked for every opportunity to take pictures while she wasn't looking....I actually saw a lot of friends while I was there and one of them passed by while she was shopping for mattresses and I had her take this picture of me waiting on Kim again....she was laughing as she took my picture and I was trying so hard not to laugh, but there is a little smile of me thinking of what I was getting ready to do...she has gotten me so many times over the years and I just had to get her back....I will have to blog about the time that her, Mark and Amy got me really good with a fake camera that Mark had bought on ebay just to play a joke on me....I have been waiting for years to set something up....I am still thinking of something (this isn't it) but when I do, it will be big and really good....I do have a lot of blackmail pictures that she has been begging me not to put up....I love it....she should be very scared....VERY!!!!
After the day of shopping, burning up, shopping and then having buyers remorse....I had a bad headache and came prepared with BC Powder.
Finally felt better and had to get a refreshment...an Ice cold Coca Cola Icee....Yummmm
After the end of the day...everyone was tuckered out....Max had been so good the whole day....but I think he had had it and was out before we left Canton....so sweet and precious.
Believe it or not....Kim is actual ly sleeping like this....she should have a good crick in her neck when she wakes up....really, can you actually sleep like that? She wore me out and she is the one sleeping....what a Fun and Great day that we had though....we never got to meet up with Patti who was there or my friend Cathy....that place is as big as the Fair and you need walkie talkies while you are there because phone service is NOT good....we never could find each other....Too bad....I really wanted to see Avery, Patti's grand baby....and see all that they had bought....Can't wait to go again and am ready for the next month...oh wait, I can't go next month...I will be in Italy...maybe November...it will be crazy at that point with everyone shopping for Christmas.

5 comments:

Kim said...

TAMMY RENEE....LOL....I CANNOT believe you took a picture of me sleeping and you actually posted it...okay...you have now officially gotten me back for everything....I was SHOCKED when I scrolled down reading and I saw that last picture...I actually laughed so hard that I had tears running down my face. Only YOU...would think of posting that. I think you are one up on me now....I can't say we are even after that last picture...you better watch your back :-D

It was a fun day!!!!

:-P...:-P...:-P...:-P (if you don't know what that is...I am sticking my tongue out at YOU!!)

Kim

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

THESE PICTURES WERE TOO FUNNY! I love all the ones with you waiting! HYSTERICAL!
And Kim sleeping in the front seat like that....Priceless!

Nonnas News said...

Great post!!! I love all the pics! I can just imagine what it was like shopping with Kim at Canton! hahaha Gotta love it though!! I HATE that we never got to meet up although it wasnt for lack of trying!! Our cell phones just kept cutting out so much and I dont know my way around there like Paul does!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures! So funny. Looks as if you all had a wonderful time. I bet it was HOT though.

(The last picture is my favorite) :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! i love all of these PICTURES!!!!! {ha ha!!!!!}